Recipe: Moscato Chicken
- 1 Frozen whole chicken
- 750 ml Moscato wine
- Pepper (whole or ground)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup pan juices
- In a large roasting pan cover frozen chicken with salt, pepper, thyme, and rosemary.
- Pour same blend into the chicken’s cavity
- Add halved garlic cloves between legs, wings, breast, in cavity
- Pour wine in roasting pan, drizzling over chicken.
- Cook at 350 C for 4 hours, basting occasionally
- After 4 hours, take out 1 cup of pan juices.
- Melt butter and flour in a sauce pan
- Add pan juice and milk. Whisk continuously making sure to scrape the bottom of the pan.
- Continue until liquid thickens to desired consistency. If you want your gravy thicker, use 3 tbsp. butter and flour.
- Serve chicken with gravy and root vegetables or mashed potatoes
I LOVE Moscato wine and when I had some left over this weekend I created this masterpiece. Serve with root vegetables or mashed potatoes.